At this year’s LEAD Brick Church Career Fair, students looked toward their futures by engaging with community professionals, asking thoughtful questions, and exploring what a successful career may look like for them.
“The immediate impact before, during, and after the Career Fair was remarkable,” said LEAD Brick Church Dean of Culture, Will Beene. “Exposure for students is a main ingredient for their success.”
The Career Fair presented options for students to think about what it truly means to be Ready for College by providing information on fields which will enable them to, if they choose, to pursue college after high school graduation.
The day also gave opportunity for students to explore what it means to be Ready for Life. Community organizations provided specific businesses, careers, and individuals for our students to access and see as real examples that they can attain as early as high school graduation.
“Our counselor, Ms. Lacy, did an exceptional job of bringing together our community to show our students why they need to be Ready for College and what being Ready for Life looks like through our LBC Career Fair,” said LBC Principal Karl Wendt.
“This event is an example of how Brick Church prepares our students for high school and beyond, which exemplifies our motto: Ready for College, Ready for Life,” said Tasha Lacy, School Counselor. “We are always thinking outside the box to motivate and encourage our next generation.”
Thank you to the below community organizations, business, and individuals for taking the time to talk with our students. The representation of diverse and engaging individuals made for a successful event!
- Summit Medical Center-Laurie Pullens (Telemetry Monitor Technician)
- Nashville Pharmacy Services-Kenneth Sykes (Pharmacy)
- Metro Health Department-Claire Porter (Nursing)
- Frequency Beauty-Kai Pruitt (Entrepreneur)
- De Vine DeZign-Dionne Dixon (Zumba Instructor, Entrepreneur)
- Davidson County Sheriff Dept.-Larmonz McDaniel, Gerry Ivy, Rebecca Young, Darleen McClung (Safe Program)
- Liberty Mutual Insurance-Jermaine Burns, Erica Jones, Jasmin Haskins
- Veterans Administration- Tammie Otukwu (Legal Administrative Specialist)
- Streetz 99.3 Radio-Corey Gray (Radio Host)
- Meharry Medical College -Taylor Jackson, Ashley Harrison, Jarred Graham (Dentistry)
- Shop Black City Tour-Greg and Tee Westbrook (Business Owners)
- BranEdD Consulting-Brandon Haskins, Kardarylro Cheatham (Educational Consultant)
- ShePersisted Events -Michelle Tribue, Brittany Smith (Event Planning and Decor)
- TJ Digital Marketing Services-Tarleshia Johnson (Marketing)
- Rena’J Nail Studio- Shemetria Jones (Nail Technician)
- Pretty Physique- Jamique Neely (Medical assistant, Entrepreneur)
- Daddy Daughter Trucking-Jasmine Horton ( Trucking Company, Freight Brokerage and Dispatch Service)
- Babbs for Judge-Khadija Babbs (Attorney)
- Regions Bank- Garrison Warren (Consumer Banking)
- Be a Helping Hand-Monique Nelly (Consultant, Entrepreneur)
- Lynn HR Consulting-Jess Montero
- Realty Association- Jasmine Harris, Cameron Houston