At LEAD Public Schools, we know that high-performing teachers lead to high-performing students. As we seek to help students who often enter our school years behind their peers, we seek passionate teachers who want to grow themselves while making a difference in the lives of Nashville students.
Applications for the 2023-2024 school year are now open.
At LEAD, we believe hard work and outstanding achievement should be rewarded:
- Each year, LEAD teachers can earn up to a 10% salary increase.
- After one full year of employment, we offer 16 weeks paid leave for new mothers and primary caregivers.
- We offer up to $5,000 in signing bonuses to those eligible.
In addition to financial compensation, LEAD offers many opportunities to grow. We develop great teachers with a culture of continual growth. This includes:
- A dedicated coach: One instructional manager for every 6-8 teachers to provide regular support.
- Culture foundations: We help teachers build and maintain positive classroom environments.
- Great teammates: We build teams around our teachers so they never do this work alone.
Watch the videos below to hear the stories of some of our employees who have grown their careers at LEAD.
LEAD changes students’ lives through our teaching and, at LEAD, you can fulfill your purpose.
- We graduate students at a higher rate than the district and state average.
- We’re getting these results with our students coming to us 2-3 grade levels behind their peers.
- 75% of our students are considered economically disadvantaged.
- Our students come from 38 different countries and speak 27 different languages.
LEAD strives to be one of the best places to work in Nashville and invites you to explore more on our website. If you want to be rewarded for the hard work you’re already doing to prepare students for college and life, apply to join us at LEAD.