LEAD Public Schools announced today that two of its campuses have been recognized as “Reward Schools” for progress.
This marks the first time three schools – LEAD Academy Middle and High School and LEAD Prep Southeast – have earned the designation in one year. Last year, Cameron College Prep, the first turnaround charter school in Tennessee, was named a Reward School and we are excited to have two additional campuses receive this award this year.
“We couldn’t be happier to share this news,” said LEAD CEO Chris Reynolds. “This is solid, tangible evidence that we are getting better as we get bigger. We are very proud of our school leaders and their staffs, as well as our students and families. This is a great day for our LEAD community and we are pleased to be part of the success occurring across the district – congratulations to all other MNPS schools receiving this recognition.”
Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) formally announced that 14 district schools received the designations earlier today. LEAD Academy High School is one of only three high schools in Davidson County that was recognized.
According to the State Department of Education, Reward Schools are the top 5 percent of schools in the state for performance—as measured by overall student achievement levels—and the top 5 percent for year-over-year progress—as measured by school-wide value-added data. These 10 percent of schools receive recognition for their success under the accountability system.
To read more about the program and designations, please visit this link from MNPS.