Good afternoon LEAD Families,
At LEAD, we know there is nothing more important than the safety and well-being of our students, families and staff members. That’s why we are taking every necessary precaution against the Coronavirus. Our staff has been thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing all of our buildings, classrooms, and common areas daily. We continue to take every necessary precaution. Please visit the LATEST CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION link on our website for more.
If you are a family in need of food or other supplies, please consider the following resources:
- Second Harvest Food Bank: https://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/get-help/
- Salvation Army: https://www.salvationarmynashville.org/
- Gideon’s Army – If you were impacted by the storm and need to restock on groceries, come by McGruder Family Resource Center (2013 25th Avenue North, Nashville, Tennessee 37208) between 10 AM to 3 PM to “shop” for free! First come, first serve.
- Disaster Assistance Centers – Impacted by the Tornado or need resources, come to one of these centers to access support from multiple agencies and organizations. (9:00 to 6:00 p.m.).
- Hadley Park Community Center (1037 28th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37208).
- Hermitage Community Center (3720 James Kay Ln, Hermitage, TN 37076).
- East Park Community Center (700 Woodland St, Nashville, TN 37206).
If you need to contact a member of our school-based team regarding school or other services, please contact our Family and Community Engagement coordinators:
- LEAD Academy and LEAD Cameron: Rania Agaib, 615-479-9743.
- LEAD Brick Church: John Strickland, 615-473-0994.
- LEAD Neely’s Bend: Blanca Cross, 830-212-3057.
- LEAD Southeast Middle and High: Erin Molitoris, 615-584-6649.
In the event you are unable to reach a school Family and Community Engagement Coordinator, please call Corey Burton, the Director of Enrollment and Community Engagement, at 615-525-1614. For Spanish services, please call Marta Sanchez at 615-573-9866.
As a leadership team, we are evaluating how we can best support teaching and learning so that it can remain in place in the event that schools are closed for an extended period of time. We are not considering any options where the full complement of academic programming will be offered in the event of an extended closing.
As decisions are finalized, we will share specific information with you. We thank you in advance for your support and patience as we find the best way to keep students and faculty safe while continuing to educate our students.
In closing, the last two weeks have been especially trying but we have seen the commitment it takes to serve the needs of others, be self-reliant and remain disciplined in our work. This is the value of our Ethos in action.
Thank you for your partnership as we work together to keep everyone safe and please stay vigilant in preventing the spread of the Coronavirus. Thank you for your ongoing commitment and flexibility in the days and weeks to come.