As we embark on our 13th year of operation as a network, we return to school with an emphasis this year on our LEAD Ethos, the founding principles of our network. We ask all staff members and students to embrace our Ethos as pillars throughout the year.
In short, we LEAD because we are COMMITTED, COURAGEOUS, DISCIPLINED, SELF-RELIANT and because we SERVE OTHERS.
Our principals chose the following Ethos to focus on for the school year at their respective campuses, and here’s why:
- Mr. Nic Frank, LEAD Academy principal: COURAGEOUS. “It takes courage to speak honestly about where we are in our growth and where students are in the spaces where we have an impact.”
- Mr. Marcus Moye, LEAD Brick Church principal: COMMITTED. ”We are committed to staff development and having crucial conversations with any adult or child who displays low expectations about student potential at LEAD Brick Church.”
- Dr. Kate Ring, LEAD Cameron principal: COURAGEOUS. “Instructionally, we are focusing on data, which can be challenging at times. It takes courage to trust that decisions made based on data are the right ones. Courage is further needed to embrace and be models of our values, even when our work is trying.”
- Dr. Tait Danhausen, LEAD Neely’s Bend principal: COURAGEOUS. “Change takes the courage to confront what you’ve done and make it better. Our goal this year is to have courageous conversations with ourselves and our team in order to better our school and the service we provide to students and families. “
- Ms. Amy Kate Wilkins, LEAD Southeast High School principal: COMMITTED. “In 2017, Chris Elliott set out to achieve the vision of starting the 2nd high school for the LEAD network. This year, we are COMMITTED to growing and serving nearly 300 students that will be ready for college and ready for life in the year of our first graduating class in 2021!
- Ms. Emma Mac, LEAD Southeast Middle School principal: COMMITTED. “We are focused on staying committed to the great work we’ve done over the past six years and continuing to strengthen and build upon those successes.”
Watch: LEAD teachers and staff are ready to welcome back our students August 5! We can’t wait for our best year yet!
Best of luck to all of our students, families and staff members as we embark on the 2019-2020 school year!