LEAD Schools will begin staggered in-person learning Oct. 27
On Sunday, September 13, Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) announced via their website and social media pages a proposed schedule for returning to the classroom starting after Fall Break. This proposal will begin with the youngest learners and will progress by grade level. LEAD will continue its practice of following MNPS on matters concerning school openings and closings and will prepare for the physical opening of our schools based on the proposed MNPS schedule, included below.
- Pre-K-2 – Tuesday, October 13 (October 13-14 will be half-days for all students)
- Grades 3-4 – Tuesday, October 20
- Grades 5-6 – Tuesday, October 27
- Grades 7-8 – Wednesday, November 4 (Tuesday, November 3, is a teacher professional development/planning day as well as Election Day; students do not report)
- Grades 9-12 – January (Start of the second semester)
Until then, LEAD remains committed to providing a high-quality online continuous learning plan for all students through the end of fall break.
On Friday, September 11, LEAD launched its “Family Decision Survey” through Possip for families to indicate their preference for in-person or remote-learning. If you did not receive the survey via text message, please reach out to your Family and Community Engagement Coordinator for your specific LEAD Campus.
- LEAD Academy and LEAD Cameron: Rania Agaib, 615-479-9743
- LEAD Brick Church: Dalona Jones, 616-466-3885
- LEAD Neely’s Bend: Blanca Cross, 830-212-3057
- LEAD Southeast Middle and High: Marta Sanchez, 615-573-9866
It is extremely important for us to hear from you as your response to the LEAD Family Decision Survey will influence your student’s class schedule, school assignments, and additional support needed for the continued success of your student academically. We will also resend the survey through Possip this week to be completed by Monday, September 21, 2020. Please note the following:
- You only need to complete the survey one time for each student you have attending a LEAD School.
- Your decision will be for the remainder of the school year in order to be sure that we provide a consistent and stable environment for your student to perform their best academically.
- Families will be provided an opportunity to reconsider their decision in December for the second semester.
- More detailed information about transportation, the academic program for both in-person and remote learning, food service, and extracurricular offerings will be provided at a later date as we continue to receive updates from MNPS about its opening procedures.
- Want to know more about how we will safely return to our school buildings? Click here.