LEAD Public Schools is proud to announce that our annual signature fundraiser, the College Breakfast, will now take place the morning of one of our most prestigious events, “LEAD’s Senior Signing Day” on Thursday, May 14 at Belmont University in the Vince Gill Room in the Curb Event Center.
The renamed “Commitment Breakfast” takes place at 9:30 a.m. and leads into Senior Signing Day, which begins at 10 a.m. Senior Signing Day brings together the entire LEAD network of more than 3,000 students, 125 teachers and 265 staff members to celebrate the academic achievement of the LEAD Academy graduating class as each member of the class reveals their college or career choice.
Last academic year:
- LEAD Academy High School students on average graduated at a rate higher than both Tennessee and Nashville students last year.
- LEAD Academy High School students of color scored higher on the ACT than any other traditional high school in Nashville.
- LEAD Academy High School seniors earned 100 percent acceptance to college last year for the sixth consecutive year.
At the Commitment Breakfast, guests will learn more about how they can make a difference in support of LEAD’s work across Nashville at four middle schools and two high schools. Breakfast will be followed by the Senior Signing Day Program, during which the outcomes of LEAD’s mission to prepare all of our students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in college and in life will be exemplified.
Our schools serve the needs of 3,000 students and families across Nashville from Madison to downtown to Antioch and from all walks of life. More than 20 countries and languages are represented across LEAD and in our network, ALL students means all students. We have an Exceptional Education and English Language Learner population that mirrors that of Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools.
Our “Commitment Breakfast” this year and years hence will continue to celebrate our students and their many LEAD successes, while at the same time encourage supporters to continue to donate, volunteer and give back in a myriad of ways. We cannot wait to celebrate our students and families at this year’s Commitment Breakfast and Senior Signing Day, and we invite you to join us!
To RSVP for this event, please contact Eloise Alexis, our Vice President of Development, via email at development@leadpublicschools.
Academic Outcomes At-A-Glance:
- LEAD Academy High School students have earned 100 percent acceptance to college for every class since its first one in 2014;
- LEAD Cameron has been a Level 5 school via the Tennessee Value-Added Assessment every year the school has been part of our network — this means our students demonstrate academic growth in the top 5 percent of schools statewide in Tennessee;
- For the first time last school year, our two state-authorized schools — LEAD Brick Church and LEAD Neely’s Bend — both earned Level 5 status.
- LEAD Southeast Middle and High Schools have earned Level 5 status on TVAAS for every year they’ve been in existence.
About the LEAD Academy Class of 2020:
- Seniors have earned more than $2.5 million in college scholarships and they’ve averaged nine (9) applications per student this year.
- The LEAD Academy Class of 2020 is comprised of 70 students, of whom 45% are African American, 31% are Hispanic, 17% are Arabic, 4% are White and 1% are Asian.
- Forty-four percent of the class is comprised of non-native English speakers and our seniors represent the following countries Burundi, Egypt, Honduras, Kazakhstan, Mexico, El Salvador and Tanzania — 38% come from outside of the United States.
- Eighty-six percent of the seniors qualify for college application fee waivers due to their economic status.
- Nearly 100% completed their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application.
- One-hundred percent are eligible for the TN Promise program;
- Seniors have submitted 642 college applications to date.